Welcome to my Blog. I am still learning so I don't know how useful it will be but I welcome any and all comments.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

essentials #14








I enjoyed checking out these sites. Taking my class to computer lab once a week sometimes leaves me helpless as to what they can do. Right now, they are working on a slideshow to share with parents. These will be posted in my website. However, there are times when I want to do something different with them. http://www.spaghettibookclub.org/ This site is related to books and authors. Sometimes I get stumped on what books to suggest to my class. If they like a particular author they can type in the name of that author to see what other books he/she has done. They can also type in the name of a book. I see real potential for this in conjunction with my reading and writing workshops. It would be real helpful with an author study too.


http://www.amblesideprimary.com/ambleweb/mentalmaths/tabletrees.html This was an interesting site. This helps students practice their multiplication facts. I know there are many sites like this one, but one more won't hurt.Students like technology. Any extra thing we can do to get them to practice their facts will help. This is set up like table trees. They click on the times table tree they want to learn. I plan on adding this link to my web page so that parents can have students practice at home, too.

I still do not remember what to do when it comes to putting this on Twitter so it may be awhile before I get these posted there. I did put both of them in Delicious though. I love Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment